The Co-op story is made up of many events and experiences. Our team members help create and share meaningful experiences every day – for our customers and for each other.
Be part of an exciting team working together, connecting with local members and giving back to the community. No matter your career aspirations, Co-op offers a range of careers from entry-level positions through to management, with opportunities for advancement. Work directly with customers or help behind-the-scenes in the day-to-day operations of the business.
And if you have a Co-op number, you’re more than a team member – you’re an owner.
Currently hiring at the Co-op Gas Bar:
The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 200 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. Ucluelet Consumers Co-operative Association invites applications for the position of Pump Attendant.
As a Pump Attendant with the Ucluelet Co-op you are responsible for delivering personalized service. At the Co-op, we strive to establish a relationship with our members and encourage them to continue.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Come to work with a positive, professional approach and attitude
• Be dependable for all scheduled shifts
• Provide outstanding courteous customer service
• Run fuel pumps, fill tanks with gasoline or diesel, check oil levels and wash windshields
• Be familiar with and adhere to all Ucluelet Co-op policies and procedures
• Perform interior and exterior housekeeping and maintenance duties
• Order, receive and display merchandise as directed
• Have a good working understanding of the till operation and POS
• Other duties as assigned
• A secondary school diploma is preferred
• Previous retail experience is considered an asset
• Excellent customer service skills
• Attention to detail
• Previous cash handling skills
We welcome candidates with a combination of relevant education and experience to apply.
Flexible, must be willing to work a variety of hours, including days, evenings as well as weekends and holidays based on the business needs
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift for up to 8 hours
• Physically demanding; frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
• Kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending stairs
Ucluelet Consumers Co-op offers the following:
• Full Benefits Plan including MSP, Extended Health Care, Dental, Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employer Matched Pension Plan (7.5% Matched)
• Employee Family Assistance Program
• Competitive wages paid bi-weekly
• Tuition Assistance
• Excellent Opportunities for further development and advancement
If you would like to be a part of our exciting team email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person with your resume at our location at 2076 Peninsula Road.